Monday, October 1, 2007

Robbie Williams got his start in Take That

When I was about 15, my mom bought the Take That album upon seeing the british group perform on Regis and Kathy Lee -- this is, in case you were wondering, the best way to find about about the new music all the cool kids are listening to. The rest of the album was crap, but there was one song that was brilliant -- "Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good...." As I am apt to do when I find a song, I obsess about it and listened to it, at the top of the home stereo volume, on repeat, for weeks.

This morning on the way to work I saw a Take That poster (concert in Barcelona) coming out of the Underground and hummed a long to my 15-year-old memory. About thirty seconds later, and at the EXACT part of the song I was humming, I heard it on the radio in one of the vendor booths I was passing in Camden Market. It was like I was in my own little british music video world and that's when I knew... Today is gonna be a good day.

3 comments:

Jocy May said...

a comment AND a blog post- today is indeed going to be a good day :)

Jenny said...

I love that song..I didn't know it was british. Amy, you are so cool.

How's the school part of life going?

Joanna Roddy said...

Wow, that just made my night. Nevermind the fact that I am voyeuristically reading a Pepperdine gals blog. Matt and I just listened to the sample of that song on iTunes and it was the best note to end the night on. Seriously. Love, Kennebunkport Maine.