Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's happening to our Alma Mater?

Not to over shadow Jocelyn's fun Vancouver post, but I just got a call from my mother-in-law...she saw THIS photo on the front page of foxnews.com.What is happening? Are you LA ladies OK? These fires are raging out of control and I'm worried. Alisha- did you know that the church you worked at (university pres, I think) during college is burned down? And the infamous castle, which I had just pointed out to Jeff on our trip to SoCal is now gone?I am in complete disbelief...seeing all the familiar sites up in flames! I am praying for your safety and for quick relief. Please take care of yourselves.




2 comments:

heather b said...

i think the malibu fires are contained.

malibu times has some interesting photos of malibu and the campus.

http://www.malibutimes.com/shared-content/gallery/?galleryid=1&gallery_page=0&album_page=0&albumid=1&mediaid=35

malibu pres burned to the ground as did that awesome castle. apparently the woman who lived in the castle had a great attitude about it. my co-worker saw her on the news and she said she got out with family photos and some paintings. she doesn't want her possessions to possess her...

the sky is orangish here and it's pretty damn hot outside.

alisha said...

I heard about this on facebook because somebody's status said 'So and so is sad that Malibu Pres burned down.' It is horrible to see pictures of familiar things devasatated. I hope that everything gets back to normal soon.