
I broke the wheelchair record (my own, of course) of 9 seconds from one side of the backyard to the other. Shadowfax, although not along for the ACTUAL race, was certainly a substantial mental support during my training.
Then, yesterday, Drew called and I was home by myself. The 1980's cordless phone that my parent's have was sitting on my lap, and was dead. I rushed to wheel back to the phone base, so I could answer on speakerphone, and on the way there, busted the hell out of my right thumb when it caught between the wheel and the brake. As I was yelling obscenities at the top of my voice, I hear Drew leave a message and hang up. Minutes later, when I am in my room trying to figure out how to plug in the cordless so I can make a call to get him back, the phone rings again... This time, I get stuck between the bookcase and the wall, missing another call, and simply say, "You have to be kidding me."
Was able to pick up a call from the hospital and it looks like surgery is on for this Tuesday, October 16th, at 3 p.m. Thank the Good Lord Up Above. I gots to get me out of this wheelchair, and get back to livin! It's no fun being handicapped.
So, start prayin' now... :)
7 comments:
I once pushed Jane around school in a wheelchair for 2 weeks.
I'd gladly do the same for you if you were here!
I'm glad the surgery is on for Tuesday...we'll all be praying for you! (and for your potty mouth ;))
that is the cutest picture EVER!
(how's that for being dramatic)
seriously, it IS super cute.
glad to hear the date is set! how long are you going to be in the hospital? i want to come and visit you.
Not sure how long the stay will be... Hopefully short if we can keep my pain under control. But, it will certainly be at least Wednesday and Thursday.
The best way to get in contact with me is probably through my mom's cell -- 805-525-0931
Yeah!
Good luck for the surgey!!
Yeah, your dog is sooooo cute!
Serio Amy, that is the.best.pic.ever! Glad to hear you will be back in business soon. . .watch out world! BTW, is it bad that I chuckled at the visual of you getting stuck between your wall and a bookcase? ;)
Best of luck with your operation and yay for no more pain!!
Amy- I'm thinking about you today!! I'd text you but I don't think you have your phone.
any word from our girl amy?
Post a Comment