Sunday, September 9, 2007

weekend

Joey and I had a fun weekend of playing tourist in our new home town- on Friday evening we caught a showing of 3:10 to Yuma (stars Christian Bale- LOVE HIM) and then took advantage of the late happy hour specials at Nijo, a sushi place downtown. Seattle has 2 happy hours- your typical 4-7pm time frame and then another one from 9-close... it's awesome! On Saturday we ate an early lunch at Pike Place Market, then took in some culture at the Seattle Art Museum (SAM) then walked to Pioneer Square where we went on the "underground" tour of Seattle. The underground tour takes you through these old passageways under the city all the while telling a bit of Seattle's sordid history- you can imagine, nerd that I am, that this was right up my alley (although our tour guide was no Stefano Baldassarri!). That evening we went to a fun Mexican restaurant in lower Queen Anne and mingled with the locals :) Today we went to Alki beach, a truly lovely spot on the western part of the city. I'll post some pictures soon. Hope you all had a great weekend too.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like fun...would you believe that I've never been to SAM? I have done the underground though so I still consider myself a true Seattle-ite.

I can't believe you remember Stefano's last name. Stalker!

Jocy May said...

dude i still remember the name of his cat! haha

Jenny said...

Well? now I'm intrigued...