






bum⋅ber⋅shoot
—n. informal
An umbrella
The word bumbershoot first appeared in the U.S. around 1915-1920. It is thought to be an alteration of the umber- part of umbrella plus a respelling of -chute (as in parachute). Bumbershoot was chosen as the festival’s name as a metaphor for the festival being an umbrella for all of the various arts and performers it encompasses.
Bumbershoot®: Seattle's Music & Arts Festival is now in its 37th year. Since 1971, Bumbershoot has drawn artists representing the best in music, film, comedy, spoken word, dance, theatre, performance, and visual arts to the Seattle Center over Labor Day weekend. North America's largest urban arts festival, Bumbershoot takes place in the heart of the city at the 74-acre Seattle Center. Over 150,000 visitors from near and far spend the weekend reveling in the world of Bumbershoot, experiencing everything from regional favorites to international superstars across all arts disciplines.
Joey and I had a grand ole time :)
3 comments:
ooooo funnel cake! nice! that looks like a lot of fun! what a great event.
heath and i went to the chili cook-off in malibu on sunday. it was hotter than hell, and there were only a handful of chili tasting booths, but we had a great time. i rode the gravitron for the first time in my life and malibu pres had the best chili by far. yum.
how was everyone's labor day weekend?
Jeff and I opted not to go...we would have liked to but the only time we could have gone was Monday night...Jeff was recording in the studio and I was crafting away!
Joce and I also got together Monday for a pedicure and then dinner at a friends house (Joey joined for dessert). We played battle of the sexes and lost royally.
I chalk it up to society turning our men into metros ;)
and the fact that their questions were so easy! come on!!
Post a Comment