
On Monday, Joey and I went to Snoqualmie Falls (www.snoqualmiefalls.com) for a hike. I'd been there once before with Jenny and her family for Joe P's birthday brunch at Salish Lodge but we hadn't hiked down to the basin of the falls. It was really fun walking along the river, albeit a bit challenging. I realized just how out of shape I am when parents with kids in hand were basically lapping me (these Washingtonians are a hardy breed!!). We took a quick cat nap laying in the sun on a large boulder as the spray from the falls gently misted us- truly relaxing. Joey took this picture as we were hiking back to the main trail- it looks like the guy in the foreground is about to eat it, which yes, cracked me up :)
Hope you had great Labor Day weekends too!
4 comments:
i meant in the background, not foreground.
an artist, a hiker, a waterfall..so pacific northwest.
I'm proud of you Joce- like I said, I've never actually hiked down there, but have enjoyed the view and the food at the Salish Lodge.
LA girls- I may be down there on Wednesday 9/19 and leaving 9/20 to go down to San Diego. Will anyone be around possibly for dinner or lunch the next day? I'll be meeting Jeff down there on a business trip (him, not me).
the great outdoors...beautiful. :)
i'll be in LA on the 19th and 20th. dinner is likely best for me.
love,
cristie
It seems like you guys are loving it already... I am SO glad.
The Salish Lodge is where Josh Clayton got married last year -- so I was JUST there. It really is beautiful.
It's also wierd because I remember going there when I was about 7 when I visited my Washington family -- memories of a big breakfast.
Post a Comment