Failing the bar is weird. I am not quite sure what to do with myself today, the day after, so I am cleaning my bathroom and listening to loud music. Cleaning is good because it is basically something you can succeed at, and see immediately. I had a dirty sink this morning, and then scrub scrub...WhaLa... I don't. I like that.
What I don't like is that I have to spend the next two and a half months studying again and not making any money or getting to do what I want. I would really like to have money because there are lots of things that you can do with it like pay someone else to take the bar for you.
Good thing is I only cried in short feel-sorry-for-myself bursts for about 30 minutes last night, and today I am just melancholy, so I think tomorrow I will be back to my overly cheerful self and back to the books.
If you know someone who recently passed the CA state bar will you do me a favor and punch them in the face? Okay, don't do that. I DO know enough about the law to know you might get in trouble for that kind of interaction but at least grimace in their general direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ugh- i am so sorry you didn't pass. i can't imagine how disappointing it must be to work so hard on something so hateful and for it to not work out the first time. we haven't heard from evan yet if he passed- we're too nervous to call him! if he did pass, i'll do you a solid and punch him :) i'm so impressed with your attitude- you're amazing! much love, J
man, i wish i lived in CA so i could punch someone!
sorry to hear this news and i'm even more sorry you're going to have to go through it all again...but do you feel like the process helped you to know how to prepare more?
I know you're going to get it and I'm always impressed with your attitude...so, keep it up!
love you.
i just punched someone. well not really, but i will!!!
ditto everything jenny and joce said.
sorry you have to hit the books again. the bright side is you can take it again and you have 2.5 months to prepare. maybe i can bring you some homemade gingerbread to help the studying? just a thought! :)
(((big hug)))
love ya.
If anyone can handle this situation it is you. You are smart, resilient and determined being that can gracefully handle almost any situation.
There is one instance I vividly remember you not coping with very well...forgive me for the lack of details, but I remember attending a Pepperdine homecoming event with Miss Dilbeck reeking of garlic. It was so weird and SO overwhelming and it was the only time I've seen you fumble for words or not handle the situation. So, on the night before you take the next bar eat as much fresh garlic as you can and if nothing else, you will punch the fellow examiners in the face with your fumes!!!!!
I love you Amy! Let me know what weekend works for you and remember that you always have a place to stay in samo.
Everyone knows that, like a driving test, it's obligatory to fail once. It would be rude not to actually. That's why I failed my American driving test and my Japanese driving test the first time - for politeness.
But really, I know it must be so frustrating. I hope you can muster up the motivation to tackle the beast a second time. If there's anyone who can do it, it's you!
Post a Comment