Wednesday, November 25, 2009

moving to NYC


I tried to think of a witty title for this post, but just couldn't think of anything smart and didn't want to resort to a silly pun or cliche. The title pretty much says it all- I am moving to NYC! I will be working as an art buying at Y&R (ad agency). The woman who hired me and will be my boss is someone I used to work with at Chiat. She's amazing and I am so very happy to be able to work for her. I'm nervous about this huge life change, but am even more excited about it! Joey will continue to work in Seattle for a bit and then join me in NY. I'll start my job in January so the next few weeks are going to be filled with moving, getting an apartment, selling my car, etc etc etc (ack- the stress begins!). I can't wait for you all to come visit and stay with me!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
xo,
j

6 comments:

Pat said...

I'm sad to see you go, but I think you'll love New York. My cousin's daughter went to college there and stayed, she loves New York. Happy Thanksgiving, you and Joey spent it with us just 2 years ago.

Jenny said...

Did you tell Publicis? What if they read this blog?!

You already know I'm so excited for you...though I wish you would have LOVED Seattle, I know you'll love New York..it's such an exciting place to be and if I had a chance to go back in time I might live there too!

2011 reunion in NYC anyone?

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo!!!! Love it! So great that you get to work on Helen's team.

Congratulations!! Can't wait to visit you in NYC. Virgin America has great deals from LA to NY. :)

Next chapter for Joce begins....NOW!

XOXO

Jocy May said...

I did indeed resign from Publicis already- that was the first thing I did! :) Thanks for the excitement and support ladies!

alisha said...

Wow! This is great news Joce. Your smile on the post says it all. I'm sure you guys will love NYC and it sounds like you have a fab job to go into.

I totally feel you on the moving front and my life is filled with packing and sorting. Hope it all goes well.

amyrenee said...

Yeah! 2011 in NYC... I am sure by that time J and J will be able to afford a studio where we can all crash on the floor :)