Monday, March 24, 2008

If you don't know these, you probably haven't been paying attention

ONE: I am obsessive compulsive about organized closets and drawers. I have a special "envelope" style fold for my undies, and sometimes I walk by my linen closet and open the doors just to admire the well-placed rows of towels, blankets and extra light bulbs.

TWO: I have a love/hate relationship with bookstores.  On the one hand, they are full of things I love.  But, on the other hand, all those things I love in one place makes me not know where to start and can, quite literally, overwhelm me with possibilities. Especially when they also serve coffee.

THREE:  I was the first grandchild on my mom's side, and thus, the spotlight for the first three years of my life. During that time, one of my most prized family performances was singing Ricky Skagg's " Honey (won't you open that door)"  whenever asked. If you ever wondered where I get that drawl when I sing, the answer is: it started early.  Free Fact: Ricky Skaggs looks exactly like my Uncle Dave.

FOUR: I have a thing for Steven Tyler,  skinny frontman of Aerosmith. I can't explain it, all I can say is that something about him makes me want to make babies. Immediately.

FIVE: Barring other opportunities ( see number 4, making babies with Stevie) I would love to open a restaurant one day.  It might be impractical, but I think it would be an absolute blast.  I lean towards a california fresh style, with international influences but a coffee shop might be more in league with my future finances.  But, maybe Stevie could come in helpful there as well...

SIX: I got to throw out the first pitch at a Dodger's game last year. Nomar caught the throw, and it was at one of the games against the Giants where Bond's could have broken the home run record.   I don't think Jerry will ever forgive me for not letting him know BEFORE the game. Ha.

SEVEN: Pretty much literally, WHENEVER I am home, I have on some kind of music.  Mostly, I like music that I can sing real loud to. But, I have also been down recently with new kinds, more electronic, more peaceful.  As long as there is some kind of background on, I am pretty happy.

Whew... That was harder than I thought to be original!  It's Monday, I am in the boxy, boring library surrounded by analytical types. Maybe that's part of the problem... when everyone else is inside the box, it seems  more comfortable in there.  :)

Here's to getting outside of the box today!  I might even make a random comment in class in that spirit...

love love!

5 comments:

Jocy May said...

i feel like i've been paying pretty keen attention but i still didn't know the envelope method of undie folding (i'd say that's a good thing). i found your list very original and amusing- i laughed aloud- joey can attest to this as we sit next to each other both with laptops [not so] curiously enough sitting on our laps :)

Jenny said...

Amy- these weren't that obvious! What about naps, Eryka Badu, massages....?

I love you! Thanks for participating!

amyrenee said...

I guess I didn't hit all the obvious ones... but I am sure nothing on the list startled you...

Good call on the missed ones, though. Just bought the new Erykah, and going to get a massage on Wednesday! Funny.

CristieMaye said...

i think you and stevie would be great together. i love eric bana...not enough that it makes me want to have babies but...:).

love you!
cristie

Jocy May said...

i'm still in major hearts with christian bale- not in a baby making way, but i hear ya :)