Thursday, March 13, 2008

I bet you thought I would be the last person to participate



I have to read before I go to bed at night. If I don’t its
very difficult for me to fall asleep easily.




In high school and college I hated telling people my middle name. I didn’t like it then bc I thought it was so old fashioned. But now I love it and have no problem telling people its LEORA!





I love talking about good food and reminiscing about great meals and I feel like I can bond with people that way. I just love talking about certain dishes that I really love with other people that love them too. It’s almost more exciting to me to talk about how great something is than actually eating it (almost).






I hate it when people say they have pride in things they have no control over – i.e. proud to be an American, proud to be black, proud to be a woman, etc.. I think its silly to have pride in something that you had to put absolutely no effort into being. I know it’s a very semantical thing, but it just annoys me when I hear people talk like that for some reason.





My nephews and niece call me Aunt Friend bc when they were babies I would hold them and say, “hi friend” to them and my sister Jenny thought it was really cute, so ever since they were born she has referred to me as Aunt Friend and it has just stuck.






My grandfather was in a country western group called the Hillbilly Playboys when he was a young man, and I just love the name of that group.





Seven is my lucky number.


4 comments:

Jocy May said...

i love your list and great use of graphics :) Aunt Friend- that is awesome.

Jenny said...

I'm proud of you Callie Leora!

Let's talk about food soon...I will never forget getting pizza with you in Argentina- pepperoni, mushrooms, and a mountain of garlic. We would just sit there with the grease running down to our elbows, loving every bite!

I miss you!

Anonymous said...

My Aunt Becky always says "Hi Friends" when she comes to visit! I find myself saying it, too. Callie dear...I'm proud to call you "friend". I miss you and still think of you more often than you may realize...especially when I have a craving for a Shitake mushroom.

Pat said...

Callie,

Great list. I've been thinking of you a lot lately as I got a new toy - "VSO PhotoDVD" and I took all of your wonderful Powerpoint photos of Jeff & Jenny, and put their wedding photos in chronological order and made a DVD of Jeff & Jenny's special wedding day. The DVD also includes all of the photos in .jpeg format so that they can be printed. I'll send you and the other members of Lucky 7 each one. Happy Easter