Thursday, July 12, 2007

a day in the life of...heather!

So I decided to post my day as it goes...

Last night I made a trip after work to a new bakery that recently opened in Santa Monica.
For those of you ladies outside of L.A., we've had a rush of boutique-style bakeries (all focusing on cupcakes) take over the city over the past few years. I think the frenzy began with Sprinkles in Beverly Hills (which I am not a fan of...the cake is too dry and the frosting is too powdery) and then a bunch of other spots like Yummy's, Bluebird Cafe, Auntie Em's, and Susie Cakes began offering their version of the "perfect" cupcake. Well, Vanilla Bakeshop ( http://vanillabakeshop.com/ ) just opened on Wilshire & 5th in Santa Monica and I have to say their scrumptious treats are as close to perfect as they get. I tried a few mini-cupcakes last night and brought some in to work this morning for Cristie. Here's Cristie licking her chops after trying a few of the minis.



After I contributed to Cristie's sugar high I decided to eat a bagel...



Definintely not as good as a cupcake.

And now here I am at my desk...working away (and not committing to a full smile...maybe later)!!



More to come later as the day goes on. Tonight Amy, Amy's friend Nicole, Joce, CZ and I are going out to dinner at Kay 'N Daves in Brentwood. We haven't really hung out together for awhile, so I'm really excited for tonight. I wish the rest of you ladies could be there...at least you'll have pictures!! Thanks for creating this blog JP oops, I mean JG!! Great idea.

2 comments:

CristieMaye said...

i look like a freak. i like it.

Jenny said...

Yay for Heather! I must say Cristie and Joce- I didn't think she'd beat you ;)

Cupcakes are HUGE up here too. They've even opened a little shop in Renton called Common Grounds. I think Callie and Jocelyn saw it when they were up here. Well, I've finally gone and it was yummy.

So excited to see how the rest of your day goes Heather.

Your workspace looks so zen and bright.