This past week, our friends AJ and Lora went to an event which involved decorating gingerbread houses and afterward brought us a leftover undecorated house. I've always wanted to decorate one, but baking the gingerbread house itself seemed too daunting so getting a pre-fab, undecorated house was perfect! I spent the better part of this afternoon making icing and decorating to my heart's content:

There's definitely a learning curve... here's the side I started on- not quite so neat and tidy:

And the kitchen became a bit of a disaster, but all in all, it was a fun way to spend the afternoon.

Thank you AJ and Lora!
5 comments:
I'm really impressed Joce...was it just you or did Joey help?
And where did you get those mini trees?
It was just me- Joey was out playing football with AJ (in the freezing cold!). I can't remember where I got the mini trees- I've had them for a few years now. I love that it's snowing right now. Hope you, Jeff and Wesley are enjoying his first snow fall :)
wow! very impressive! that looks like fun. i love holiday activities. :)
snowing!?! holy cow! it is chilly here and we are supposed to get some rain this week, but we'll see.
love you!
cristie
I am just imagining you taking this very seriously... and chuckling to myself.
Looks like a well spent one-woman day.
joce i want to see pics of you in snowy seattle!!! are you loving the winter wonderland??
Post a Comment