Monday, January 5, 2009

Snorkeling to skiing

Christmas break is officially over- I just finished my first day back at work... *sigh* As depressing as it is to get back to work, I am thankful for 1) still having a job and 2) that I had such a wonderful time with family and friends over the last couple weeks. I spent the week of Christmas in Hollywood, FL with my parents, grandparents and Blake and Phillip- the sunshine and warmth were a welcome change from snowy Seattle! It was so nice out that we even went snorkeling in Key Largo- sorry, no pictures of that, but here's a family shot:

I took the week of New Year's Day off as well, intending to get a lot of reading, organizing, writing etc done, of which I accomplished precious little (sad). Joey and I spent NYE at my coworker/friend Carrie's party with a short field trip to Kerry Park to watch the fireworks display off the Space Needle:


One of the highlights of the week was spending Friday after New Year's Day with Jenny. We went to the spa and spent the afternoon indulging in a little retail therapy (Mémé Pat was babysitting Wesley, who is SO ADORABLE- I hope that you all get to meet him soon!)- thanks Jenny! The following day Joey and I drove out to the mountains to take our chances with a little cross country skiing (compliments of a coupon book my parents gave us):


Miss and love you all!
Big hugs,
j

3 comments:

heather b said...

joce the photos in the mountains are amazing!! how beautiful. once again i have to say i love how adventurous you and joey are!!! cross country skiing? who knew?

happy new year!

katie on the front porch said...

you and joey are ADORABLE in that picture!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.