Monday, January 19, 2009

Take a Hike!

Amy's back in SoCal and she had the great idea to hang out on MLK Day! Cristie, Cassie and I met at her amazing new apartment for a yummy breakfast this morning (complete with "bleeding hearts of death" scones, bacon, cheddar scrambled eggs, tangerine juice, and coffee). We then geared up and went for a three mile hike in Topanga Canyon. Great idea Amy! Here are some pics...






When should we do this again?!

10 comments:

amyrenee said...

That's EXPLODING Hearts of Death scones... But, nice try, Byrd. :)

I'm thinking of trying to hike once a weekend. You want to join the club?

Jocy May said...

yes, i do- i'll just go ahead and fly down on a weekly basis, ok? ok. :) oh how i miss those amazing Amy breakfasts!! well done on the hiking ladies- always knew you had a bit of nature adventurists in ya!

CristieMaye said...

oh yes, i'm quite the nature adverturist. :) today was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively. thanks for the great breakfast, the great company and just being great friends.

if jocelyn is going to make it down for a weekly hike i supposed i could try to make it at least once a month. :)

love you guys!
cristie

heather b said...

i'm relieved...somehow "exploding" actually sounds more palatable than "bleeding". : ) they ARE delicious.

i'm in for hiking. don't know if i can commit to each week, but it sounds great!

joce. fly down!!! : )

Jenny said...

I'll send Wes down too...he could use the fresh air and a little sun ;)

Joce- can he catch a ride with you?

And am I the only one that is still waiting for a Callie & Karelius engagement post? I want to see the ring!

heather b said...

no, i'm waiting, too!!!

callie do you have any pics to share? : )

Jocy May said...

me too! me too!! i want to see some pictures!

Callie said...

Jenny, can I borrow you're camera? I'd love to post pics but I'm technically challenged at the moment. All I have is a cell phone camera and it doesn't zoom in enough to see the ring (all you see is a blurry gray blob on one of my fingers). I'll work on trying to find a camera that can take good pics and then i'll post.

Jenny said...

well, it's someones birthday soon...perhaps that's a good present idea?

alisha said...

I wanna see too!!! This hiking club looks great, wish I could be there.