Wednesday, December 3, 2008

update

It's been over a month since Joey and I spent a week in NY and Boston, but I figured it's never too late to post a few pictures of that trip as well as a couple adventures since then...

The first night we were in NY, we met up with my dad's side of the family for a big dinner at this Italian restaurant in the Bronx- apparently I was having an intense conversation with my Aunt Linda (Joey took this picture on the sly):

My favorite building in the background- the Chrysler Building:


Carnegie Deli's overstuffed sandwiches (Joey and I shared one and we still had leftovers!):


Newly opened Museum of Art and Design (highly recommend visiting):


Joey's favorite dumpling restaurant in Chinatown (I wonder why ;) :


Hookah smoke stop in the East Village:



These pictures definitely need an explanation- they were taken in the early hours of the morning after Obama's victory on a subway car heading uptown. The mood city-wide was very jubilant that whole night (felt like New Year's Eve more than election night), but the city went wild when Obama was proclaimed president-elect... horns honking, people woohoo'ing etc. A group of people got on the subway and produced from a huge canvas bag the largest American flag I have ever seen and asked that we all start passing it down the car- soon everyone was singing patriotic songs and cheering- it was a truly moving moment:



Boston pictures (the first is of the world's smallest suspension bridge):





Japanese garden (Seattle):




Cannon Beach, OR - it might look familiar to you- Jenny went this past summer with the Goughs, but also The Goonies was filmed there! Joey and I watched the movie last night and it was so fun to pick out places we'd just been to. Cannon Beach was truly breathtaking- I could never be a novelist because words fail me- I just hope that you all have a chance to see it at some point as well (it's refered to as the "Carmel of OR" so for you California ladies, it might be easier for you to go check out that stretch of coastline :)








These sea lions had me cracking up- they were super loud and silly:


Hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings- I'd love to hear what everyone was up to!

6 comments:

amyrenee said...

Love the photos.

The one of you and the hookah is really sex pot.

And, the subway shots are great. I can imagine what a moving moment that must have been. Similar to Cristie's run in with Nancy Reagan during Ronnie's funeral stuff.

Jenny said...

yay! Thanks for the photo update...looking forward to hanging out soon.

katie on the front porch said...

the other option for photo number one is that you had a lot of wine and were trying to hold your head up. that was my first thought-- just sayin' =)

maybe wine is just on my mind now that i'm not prego anymore...

Jocy May said...

funny katie- yes, wine was flowing that night but not THAT much ;)

CristieMaye said...

so fun! you two are quite the travelers. :) all these pictures are so good. i especially love the rock skipping photo. :)

alisha said...

Great pics! Man, I can't imagine how buzzing NYC must have been on election night. I mean it was even emotional over in London even though most people aren't even American, and seem to forget they can't vote. Really want to go to Boston some time.

In other news, was in Brussels this morning so thought of you Jocelyn!