Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birthday weekend

Sorry this post is so late, but I still wanted to share a bit about my birthday weekend, which started with a lovely birthday cake- the other girl in the picture is my former coworker/current friend Aylin, whose birthday is May 3rd so we had a joint birthday party at a dive bar in Capitol Hill:The picture on the cake was taken at a team building event- dinner theater, the campiest event ever (we definitely bonded over that one). My BIG birthday present though was a SURPRISE visit from one of my closest friends, Nikki (also a former coworker from good 'ole Chiat)! I was truly shocked when she came through the door- best present ever! She and Joey had conspired for months to pull off the surprise and I had NO idea- well done kids :) After staying up into the wee hours of the morning chatting, Joey blew up Nikki's luxury bed (nothing but the best for our guests!):


The weather was crummy on Saturday so we stayed in most of the day, but Sunday was beautiful:


And in fine Jocelyn/Nikki fashion we soon started acting silly again...


Feeding geese seemed like such a great idea...


Until they quickly started surrounding Nikki in a rather menacing fashion...


Thanks Nikki for making my 28th birthday so special!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

yay! I'm so glad you had a fun birthday and was sad to miss it...but thank goodness it was nice for a day when Nikki was here (wish I could have met her too). Good work Joey!

Jocy May said...

I should have added that on my actual birthday, Joey and I went to dinner with Katie and Mark D., as well as AJ and Lora- it was a lot of fun and feel very grateful that we've made good friends here in Seattle!