Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rent-a-baby

OK, so I just accidentally created this blog post when I thought it was my personal blog. Oops. But I'll just leave it and do my part to contribute and remind you to visit my other blog, which I'm really going crazy on lately.



So it's Sunday night and I'm wrapping up my week long 'staycation', mentally preparing to wake up at 6am tomorrow...eek.

On Thursday I was able to meet up with my friend Motomi and her four-month-old baby Miori. I have a weakness for Japanese babies, especially when they're dressed up as a bear or something with ears. I looked into finding a rent-a-baby scheme when I lived in Japan so I could just cuddle one for about three hours and then give it back to the mom to change it's diaper, but these types of programs sadly don't seem to exist.

So this is as close as I'll get... Also I was asking Motomi if she knew what a blog was, and it turns out it's not just American moms who blog. Japanese moms are well into the act as well.



Also, get this. Ultra-sound cupcakes for Steph's baby shower this weekend. At first I just thought it was a creative design, but it's actually Steph's baby in utero! I didn't have the nerve to eat one though.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

that's a four month old? she's huge! and cute!

those ultra-sound cupcakes are ridiculous.

you can rent my baby anytime....perhaps you can dress him up like a japanese baby wearing a bear costume (i'll provide the bear costume).