
My family seems to excel at going to concerts for free.
I've been to all the following for free:
- Bon Jovi in Tokyo (out of the blue)
- Live 8 in London (won free tickets through text in)
- 2 summers being paid to go to festivals in the UK
And my parents won an all-expenses paid trip to Bermuda to hear Incubus, a band they'd never heard of, play.
So I was delighted when Dan scored us free tickets to Britney's Circus tour in London's O2 arena last night! What an awesome opportunity.
My review is mixed. I feel for Britney and have a soft spot in my heart for her. The girl can dance like crazy and the show was amazing - great costume changes and performance. She suspended from trapeze & did crazy Chinese inspired acrobatics.
But, I wouldn't see Britney for a wholesome night out. At the end we both felt a bit sorry for her, that she feels like she needs to act so over the top and very sexually provocative. But that's what sells, and that's what people love about her. I'd like to see her perform without an obligation to shock people with her sexuality.I believe Madonna's already paved the way - it's not groundbreaking anymore.
There is something about seeing her perform Hit Me Baby One More Time and Toxic though. Anyone else been to any notable gigs recently?
5 comments:
I've been to a couple of Republic shows for free recently ;)
Oh, and I didn't realize the Incubus show was in Bermuda...Jeff and I loved that place!
Didn't they also win some sort of trip to Barcelona? Or was that something else?
They paid for the Barelona trip. But, we did win a trip to Florida in fifth grade to see a wild Christian music concert at Disneyworld. Forgot about that one...
i think the last concert joey and i went to was sharon jones and the dap kings- really, really fun show. not free, but still great :)
I saw sharon jones and the dap kings at WOMAD a few years ago - that woman's got some serious soul!
that is awesome!!! i heard her show was kinda crazy. she is definitely over the top...and i agree with feeling a bit sorry for her. we watched her documentary thingy on mtv awhile ago and it was very sad. she has a bit of a sad reality.
anyway, i'm sure it was very entertaining nonetheless.
cz
Post a Comment