Friday, October 24, 2008

Cake update!




Here's the latest on the baking competition: my 3 layer red velvet cake went through to the next round. It was met with awe at the size and color, as well as slight suspicion: red cake huh? It was my first time doing a proper cake like this, so I'm just happy it turned out. If anyone wants the recipe let me know. You could even think about doing a baking competition at your work- I can give you our guidelines to make it easier. Baking competitions are good because of the constant stream of sugar in the office, and because of the winter layer of fat they assist us with. Well, on to round 2 (18 November). Seems like it's time for another test kitchen with Amy...

3 comments:

Jenny said...

so wait, did you make 3 things and this is the one that made it through...or did you start with this one and now on to some of the others you've talked about?

btw, you look cute...not HUGE! See how good compliments feel? Kidding. I am getting huge- 32 extra pounds huge!! Looks like Wesley is helping me gain my extra layer of winter fat ;)

alisha said...

I meant HUGE in a cute way of course! I hope to be that huge when I'm pregnant one day as well.

Just to clarify, I made several test recipes and then decided on the red velvet to be my entry into round 1. Now I'm deciding what to make for round 2...

amyrenee said...

we have plans for world cake domination!