We went mining for sapphires, saw some movies (a few of the pics are of the boys in their super cool 3-D glasses for "Journey To The Center Of The Earth"), went down water slides at Splash Montana (I even coerced my mom to ride one of the water slides, and I think she broke the world record for speed...the boys were impressed and in awe). We had a great time and I wish we could do it all over again...maybe next summer!!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Montana in the Summer
It's been about a month since I've returned from my summer trip to Montana, but as the summer is ending I'm reliving the moments through the pictures (Tia, thanks again for reminding me to take photos on my trip!!) This year my two youngest nephews spent a few weeks with my Mom in Montana and I went to visit them. Here are a few pics from the trip...









We went mining for sapphires, saw some movies (a few of the pics are of the boys in their super cool 3-D glasses for "Journey To The Center Of The Earth"), went down water slides at Splash Montana (I even coerced my mom to ride one of the water slides, and I think she broke the world record for speed...the boys were impressed and in awe). We had a great time and I wish we could do it all over again...maybe next summer!!
We went mining for sapphires, saw some movies (a few of the pics are of the boys in their super cool 3-D glasses for "Journey To The Center Of The Earth"), went down water slides at Splash Montana (I even coerced my mom to ride one of the water slides, and I think she broke the world record for speed...the boys were impressed and in awe). We had a great time and I wish we could do it all over again...maybe next summer!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
mining for sapphires! that sounds exciting...but no pictures? were you successful?
I feel like Marcus NEVER changes. He could be anywhere from 3 - 17 years old in these photos.
But, Mama Byrd still looks great, too.
You Native Americans have got it made in the skin department.
the pics in the mountains where my mom and the boys are looking through piles of rocks...that's sapphire mining, or i should say we went panning for sapphires. it was fun for about 30 mins, then it became a little tedious, but i enjoyed it nonetheless.
we got about 10 usable sapphires total.
amy...i know, marcus is going to be the next ralph macchio :)
i love the speed limit signs...reminds me of home. :)
can't believe your trip has already come and gone...i'm not ready to say goodbye to summer!
i need to get my butt in gear and post some pictures of our LA/Joshua Tree trip. HB- these shots are great! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment