Friday, December 7, 2007

Promotion!


That's right! As of yesterday I'm a Senior Business Affairs Manager. It really isn't much of a change because most people in my department already thought I was a Senior Business Manager but now it is official. :) This place has been one of the biggest challenges for me but has been very rewarding. I feel very lucky to have received such amazing recognition for all the hours, all the stress and all the chaos.

Besides that, I'm still dealing with the aches and pains of the accident. I have physical therapy 2-3 times a week and then acupuncture on top of that. I wish I could say I'm feeling better but that is not really the case. It is driving me crazy! Today I woke up with the worst headache...just seems like the healing process is taking longer than I wanted it to. Hopefully, I'll be back to normal very soon!

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Cristie

7 comments:

amyrenee said...

Congratulations on the promotion! I know you have been kicking ass and putting in the long hours... It's nice to see you get some props in the title department, too!

And, we'll have to talk physical therapy when I am back (the 13th, moved back a day so the roommate can have more time) cause I will probably need to do more PT after Christmas and maybe I could hit up your place...we could wear matching workout clothes and everything! ha.

Pat said...

Congratulations! This is Jenny's Mom; remember me?

I just read your posting and wanted to share that I too was in an accident - a lady ran a red light and hit me as I was driving through an intersection - I did a 360 - am having massage and acupuncture therapy too. The day after treatment I feel like I hurt more; but the following day I feel much better. I find taking Advil and rubbing my neck and shoulders with Pain A Trate (like Ben Gay) prior to bedtime helps tremendously.

Again congrats on your promotion and hope you mend well and quickly.

You can link to my blog under Jenny's Mom link. I posted a funny jibjab card there today. Check it out.

Jocy May said...

CRISTIE!!! THAT IS WONDERFUL! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! Why are the caps? Because if I were there with you in person I would be squealing (at high volume) all of that :) You are so well deserving of this promotion- congrats!
Hope you feel better soon!
love you! J

CristieMaye said...

Amy - yes, we can definitely share a PT place! It is really tiny but the people are very nice. Can't wait for you to be closer. :)

Pat - HI!! I'm so sorry to hear you were in an accident too. It has been so frustrating for me...dealing with all the insurance, car repair, doctor's appointments, etc. Your accident sounds a lot scarier than mine - doing a 360 in your car at an intersection sounds absolutely insane! I'm so glad you are okay and healing. I'll keep you in my prayers and thanks for the advice, I definitely need to take Advil and my dad sent me some bio freeze so I'll start using that.

Nice to hear from you!

Jocelyn - I can hear your excitement in the caps. :) Thanks so much for the well wishes and all the support. Hope you are well and I miss you!

Thanks everyone for writing! Love you! Cristie

URstinkymonkey said...

Congrats Cristie!! That's such a great thing to be recognized for all your hard work. . .w00t w00t!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident and all the pains that came with it. :( I hope you feel better soon and remember to take good care of yourself amidst all those long work hours!

-Lori-

alisha said...

CoNgRaTs Cristie!! (I wanted to do some crazy cap work as well). I'm so proud that your hard work has all paid off. What a wonderful Christmas present.

heather b said...

wow, i haven't read the blog in a very long time. congratulations cristie!! nice job!!

i hope everyone had a great xmas!! happy new year!!