
So, Jake asked Jenny to be his wife over Thanksgiving weekend. He made her cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate, took her out to one of their favorite spots on the beach and sent out my cousin and our friend Jeremy into the water on their surfboards holding one of my mom's sheets that Jake ripped in half and spraypainted with the magical words. We met them afterwards for dinner and the story. Apparently, he and my sister both missed the memo that the OLDER sister is supposed to get married before the YOUNGER siblings are allowed to date. I think it was Jane Austen that really solidified that one, but whatever. My throne has definitly been usurped. Needless to say, I love them both desperatly anyway.

In other news, my doctor let me off the crutches and back into the world of the walking and driving last week and I can't tell you that many things have made me happier in my life. He asked that I keep my crutches around for the two weeks following, but I could hardly get them outta my sight faster than I did. In fact, I believe I was trying to hand them off as I walked down the hall out of his office. I'm pretty sure he just pretended not to see.
4 comments:
wow- big news (I'm talking about YOUR awesome news of driving and crutch-less existence)! oh and i guess that jake's news is pretty monumental too...
:)
congrats to you AND Jake...but isn't he like 17? Atleast that's how I remember him.
Now, you'll have in-laws..Jeff & Jenny, I think that's great for obvious reasons ;)
so, what are the next steps for your recovery? it seems like things are moving along swiftly. an answer to many prayers!
Yes, it's been quite a miraculous recovery for which I am very, very thankful...
Next steps are to keep kicking my ass at physical therapy for the next couple of weeks, and then get back to normal living when school starts.
i can't wait for you to move back to Santa Monica. you're coming back on the 12th, right?
walking is great and i still think this entire process has been absolutely amazing...you are a very good healer. :) nice work!
love,
cristie
Post a Comment