Hi guys!
Yes, it's true I got my own apartment! As I think everyone knows, last year I gave myself the deadline of March 20th, 2011 to be out of my parent's house. I had a lot of options on the table as to what my next move would be from quitting Bain and moving to Argentina to London to buying a house. I feel like I did my prayerful due diligence to figure out what the best option for me was, and after trying numerous ways to get to Latin America (or Madrid) with a job, I realized that for right now that option isn't open to me. And I'm totally ok with that bc I know it's not a now or never thing and if the right opportunity comes along I can take it. In the meantime, I'm going to live it up in Dallas and start creating a home for myself - something I haven't really ever done. And to be honest I think I'm equally as excited about it as I would be if I was moving abroad! I mean they don't have Mom-maws and Erik, Becky, Eli, and Chloes in Spain ;-).
So without further ado, I present you my new pad. It is a one-bedroom apartment in downtown Dallas in a historic building called Mercantile Place on the 24th floor. It is a corner apartment so I have double exposure to the South and East with amazing views and natural light. One of the neatest things about the building is that in the 1950s both my Mom-maw and Pa-paw worked in this building which is such a special thing for me, and, not to be the corniest person in the world, but I just feel like it was meant to be.
You'll notice I don't have a lick of furniture - so please consider this a Before and hopefully I can wow you with an After in person! Of course you are all welcome to visit any time, and I really hope you do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
congrats Callie! looks great- really love it and i love the connection to your family in that building. can't wait to see it in person- soon, i promise! love you!
oooh so cute and modern! congrats callie.
i wanna see the bedroom and bathroom, too! (to get the full picture) :)
maybe i'll have to come to dallas to check it out.
xoxo
so proud and inspired by you on so many levels.
LOVE that celery colored tile back splash.
i can NOT wait to see it in person!!
Gorgeous and congratulations! We're actually hoping to visit Dallas in May so maybe we can see it live then. Will keep you posted.
I love big rooms with kitchen islands. And I love views.
Now, all you need is some fluffy bedding and a big chaise and a cup of coffee and I'm in heaven.
SO excited for you to pick out all your new furniture!
Post a Comment