I wake up next to my husband, Jeff, at 6:30am. It's hard, I'm tired...usually because I've stayed up too late. I shower and prepare for the day, kissing little Jeff on my way out of the bedroom promising "I'll call you later" (his 7:50 wake up call). I head downstairs to cut up a fresh grapefruit, yum! And start the drive in to work at about 7:25. It's not so bad battling traffic with Adam Corolla on the radio and a grapefruit in my lap. I almost hope it's "stop and go" so I can prolong the ride and postpone going into work. But alas..I arrive!
Once at work I take to the computer..leaving only for morning breakfast, bathroom breaks, and lunch. Costco Corporate has 2 deli's and today we, my team, went to both- the food was horrible today, but it's usually great AND cheap! I had a salad, cottage cheese, and some Tim's Cascade Sour Cream and Onion chips. I also enjoyed a root beer- typically I don't drink soda, but it is a Monday and I am feeling less than motivated. I was bummed when I got to work today and discovered that my gym bag had been left at home. I was planning on working out at our office gym, workout #2 since the wedding. ;)
When the work day is over I make the long trek to my car (if you aren't a 15+ year employee you have to park in the far lot). I slip into my car and put on classical music to help me unwind. I'm so thankful to be heading home I find a new burst of energy and sit back to enjoy the drive back home through the trees. My peacefulness is often interrupted by waves of annoyance as other drivers don't seem to understand the concept of merging! I also find this time useful for catching up with friends. Today I spoke with Callie who is on a business trip in LA. Looks like she'll be able to catch up with the LA girls. Wish I was there too!
I arrive at home and usually find Jeff waiting (that little bugger gets to leave work early all the time) but not today. I have beat him! And so, I start to make dinner hoping to have it done before he returns. Tonight I'll make pork chops (on coupon at Costco last week- with their portions it looks like we'll have pork chops several times this week). I browse through my America's Test Kitchen cookbook and see what I can make with limited on hand ingredients- don't much feel like running to the store. I settle on maple glazed chops, spiral pasta with Swiss, and mixed salad with Chinese chicken salad dressing. A random mix! Jeff and I enjoyed it on the back deck. Everything was put away by 7:00pm. I've been up for just over 12 hours.
After dinner it's time to work on one of the many projects I've established for myself. Jeff "worked" on the internet while I taped and painted a 1st coat on half of the laundry room. I couldn't get behind the washer and dryer so I will save that for another time. My goal is to have the laundry room finished by the end of Sunday. Not a hard goal..I like to be realistic.
Then it's off to the grocery store. Seems I can't put that off for long. Jeff and I cruised around the neighborhood first and discovered a new park. I'm looking forward to going back there as the weather gets nice.
We managed to get some treats at the store...I opted not to have one, "I could just eat some of his"! Now what to do? It's 9:40pm and I'm starting to get tired.
Ok, 10:20...late enough. Time to read and go to bed. Need some rest to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.
Who's up for sharing their day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Good to hear about your day. That would be fun if we all showed a day in the life. Can't wait to post one soon about my last week- I was covered in mud and haven't showered for 5 days!
YES! This is exactly what I was hoping! And I'm not done yet..I'll just keep adding throughout the day.
Who wants to be next?
what are you taking all these pictures with- your cell phone? my problem is that i have a hard time getting pictures on my computer (as you know from trying to post apt pictures!).
Yep, it's a cell phone camera. You send it to go@blogger.com and then retreive it (just the first time). After you set it up it will automatically post a new entry. Then you can copy and paste into the same blog entry so that 1 day is 1 post.
I'd be happy to run through the tutorial over the phone ;)
I think we should all do it and cell phone photos are low stress. Low quality, but low stress!
Post a Comment